About Us ...
So how did an English couple end up living in a rural village in Austria?
Although we are both from the UK, we started looking after holiday-makers in Austria in the 1980s, when we were working in the travel industry. After a few years of leading guided tours around the lakes, mountains, villages and towns of this beautiful region, we returned to do 'regular' jobs in England (for the next 25 years!)
However we kept on returning to Austria for our holidays and enjoyed cycling, walking and skiing, and the clean air, the peace and space.
Fast-forward to the summer of 2013, and we decided to return to the country that brought us together. We sold our house in England and traded it for a former farmhouse / B&B in the rural village of Obertraun. After many months of renovations, we opened the doors to new guests.
This whole area has so much to offer. It's been described by regular guests as 'a little piece of heaven' and we would be delighted to welcome you here and help you explore the region further.
We hope to see you here sometime!
Liz and Paul
In the first few months of opening, we welcomed over 200 guests from over 30 countries to Landhaus Lilly! We enjoy meeting guests from all around the world … and we’re delighted with their lovely comments about their stay with us
- Liz and Paul make us feel so at home (Malaysia)
- A lovely setting in the mountains convenient to Hallstatt and other mountain destinations (USA)
- Landhaus Lilly is just amazing … we loved our stay here! (Brazil)
- Spacious bedroom, lovely breakfast, and a warm reading area (China)
- Lovely friendly hosts who couldn’t be more helpful (New Zealand)
- We love the warmth & coziness of Landhaus Lilly – cheers! (Singapore)
- Accommodation was really great – big comfortable rooms, excellent breakfasts, convenient location and unforgettable sceneries (Russia)
- Easy access to the mountains with footpaths, biking opportunities and the salt mines (USA)
- Liz and Paul are such friendly and kind people, who make my stay so comfortable and relaxed (UK)
- A wonderful experience and we will absolutely come back (Israel)
- Everything was beyond Expectation!! – thank you so much (Taiwan)
- Awesome experience – excellent accommodations, staff nice and gentle… beautiful window view… perfect … 1000% recommended (Brazil)
- We had the BEST stay ever in your home – thank you very much for everything (Hong Kong)